You ever have one of those weekends where it all just clicks? For me, it was a Great Father's Day Weekend.
Father's Day present #1 - After being gone most of the week on business, I intended to work from home Friday. Well, there was an email outage at work Friday and without email or blackberry access, I had no real choice but to call it a day - at 10am! So instead of working, I started by wrestling and playing tag with Trevor. Then later in the day, we left mom at home while he and I went and played with Gymbo (aka Gymboree).
Father's Day present #2 - Its tough to call watching your son take a header on the sidewalk a
"present", but in this case it was more a gesture. After taking a head first dive on the sidewalk Trevor decided that on this weekend, on Father's Day, he wanted his dad. He ran to me for a big hug and was done crying in about 30 seconds. This is of note because he always goes to mom when there is damage - this time, for the first time, he wanted dad. Not only did he want dad, but he asked mom to put him down so that he could come to me. WHAT!? And there was even blood involved (you can see the damage in the picture to the right).Father's Day present #3 - The day started with my actual Father's Day presents this morning followed by a round of blueberry pancakes - personal favorites for both Father and Son. Then, all dad's got in free at the Boeing Museum of Flight today so we all headed down. Trevor was saying airplane before we even got there and once we did he just ran all over the place. To see his excitement and his little mind turning is just great.
Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there.

Closing Thoughts:What was up with Mickelsen's implosion on 18 today? I hate to say it, but he looked like me out there. Only difference, I would have been stoked with a double where as he is going to lose sleep over it.
No comments:
Post a Comment