We spent tonight at the ER getting the oldest Winckler boy stitched back together. 6 stitches in fact. It was a rather uneventful day, until I heard a "whack" and a scream from the dining room, which is unusual when its only Trevor playing. (I figure screaming usually comes from Kyle being tortured). I run in and find a bloody crying mess. I guess he was trying to get into the fort, and didn't bend down enough. After trying to get my wits about me and stop the bleeding, we called dad, who came home, and we set off to see about getting fixed.
After a pit stop at Uncle Josh's clinic, he confirmed I was not a crazy madwoman mom and we should in fact get stitches. But, while he could do it, probably not the best "uncle" experience for poor Trevor, so we went to the ER instead. And bonus points for the ER because they give mild sedation. Negative points for being so SLOW, and for making our child act drunk. On the way home: "Why are there lights in the car?" "mumble mumble look at the moon is on our street mumble mumble". Ummmmm....ok. Go to bed.
He was a trooper, and got a popsicle AND a cookie. Here he is waiting for discharge. I'll spare you all the before pictures (because you KNOW I took one!).
UPDATE: Dad's point of view. "Can you come home, Trevor cut his eye and I can't get it to stop bleeding" was the call received with a howling in the backround. Quickly clarified with "not his actual eye. I think its stopped." The new house is even closer to work than the old, less than 15 minutes. About halfway home, I get another call, "Where are you? Trevor wants you." This was the part that got to me. 5 minutes later I was home and in the car sitting with him in the back seat. 5 minutes after that, "I want mom." It was short lived, but I was needed for a brief moment. He was a tough little sucker and really champed up, I was very proud of how well he did. Its a rite of passage for all boys and parents of them (sometimes girls get to join the club too).
After a pit stop at Uncle Josh's clinic, he confirmed I was not a crazy madwoman mom and we should in fact get stitches. But, while he could do it, probably not the best "uncle" experience for poor Trevor, so we went to the ER instead. And bonus points for the ER because they give mild sedation. Negative points for being so SLOW, and for making our child act drunk. On the way home: "Why are there lights in the car?" "mumble mumble look at the moon is on our street mumble mumble". Ummmmm....ok. Go to bed.
He was a trooper, and got a popsicle AND a cookie. Here he is waiting for discharge. I'll spare you all the before pictures (because you KNOW I took one!).
UPDATE: Dad's point of view. "Can you come home, Trevor cut his eye and I can't get it to stop bleeding" was the call received with a howling in the backround. Quickly clarified with "not his actual eye. I think its stopped." The new house is even closer to work than the old, less than 15 minutes. About halfway home, I get another call, "Where are you? Trevor wants you." This was the part that got to me. 5 minutes later I was home and in the car sitting with him in the back seat. 5 minutes after that, "I want mom." It was short lived, but I was needed for a brief moment. He was a tough little sucker and really champed up, I was very proud of how well he did. Its a rite of passage for all boys and parents of them (sometimes girls get to join the club too).
Graphic before pic available upon request for those with the stomach for it.
3 comments:
Yikes! Poor guy, poor mom and dad. I hope he recovers quickly.
Sarah
The shirt could not be more appropriate! The ER...yes, a definite rite of passage in parenthood. Glad you got to experience it TOGETHER :)
Aunt Liz (get well soon Trevor)
S'okay Trevor, chicks dig scars. Now you should spend some quality time making up a story involving a knife fight in a biker bar where you were outnumbered 6 to 1.
-Milk this for all it's worth, I think ice cream would make it feel better.(it always helps Matthew)
Summer
Post a Comment