![]() |
| my finisher's shirt - that I had to BUY. lol. |
Monday I woke up feeling pretty good - not much more sore than a hard leg workout at the gym, or piyo class. I woke up STARVING and didn't get to sleep in past 7, even though Steve instructed the boys to leave me alone and they could play video games whenever they woke up. By noon, I had hit a wall and was exhausted. And still hungry. My knees were a little achy, but not half as bad as after running my 1/2 marathon. My sitz bones even weren't that sore (yay!). By Tuesday I feel pretty "normal" and that feels good! All that training paid off. Speaking of which, I put in 802.6 miles training since mid April getting ready for this!!!!
We were very thankful to not have had any mechanical issues between the 3 of us, others were not so lucky. I was also very thankful for the support on Facebook and other messages from my friends and family throughout the 2 days, and of course for Steve's support (and him driving us around and getting us food and whatever we needed, as well as all my training rides). And to my parents for having the boys all weekend. And of course to my teammies!! Kim and Terra, couldn't have done it without you. Keeping motivation, training on course, and making me get up early to meet you when I otherwise would have stayed in bed.
I didn't consider myself a cyclist, or even interested in cycling until we decided we wanted to do the STP. Now, I think I fit in ok and am proud to say I accomplished this 203 mile event with 10,000 fellow riders!!!! I had a lot of fun. I don't know if I can manage the training again to do it again, but a different ride, I would say yes! (And I'm enjoying my legs and rear end being super strong right now! Best shape they've been in probably).
"First they will ask you why....then they will ask you how"- my new favorite quote. :)
Here is a link to the route map in case you are interested!
And here is an elevation map I found...
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment